Friday, September 08, 2006

Bored!

I am so bored.

I guess it's kind of an embarassing admission to make on a Friday night. Why am I home, alone, with nothing to do? A perfectly reasonable question, which probably has a perfectly good answer. I guess I'd say, that my roommates are out/away, this friend is away, that friend has this thing, etc. I don't know. I just know that I'm bored and lonely and it's Friday night and that's kind of depressing.

It seems like kind of a new low to resort to blogging out of boredom; usually I blog because there is something I can't wait to write about. I'm afraid this post may turn out to be as boring as my evening plans. :)

I could tell you about what's new with me... yes, let's do that.

Well, I moved. Phew! It's tiring, and I didn't even own any furniture to move. My stuff just kept multiplying though. I can't complain though because I did have a lot of help. I've been busy settling in and getting my newroom set up. I think it's looking pretty good now.

Amy (#26) and I moved in with Andrea, who owns this house. That makes Andrea #27. I'll post a picture with her soon. Andrea is a super girl that I've known for several years, and I am thrilled that it worked out for us to move in with her. She also happens to read this blog... hi Andrea! I hope you come home soon so I have someone to talk to tonight!

Um, what else... well I've been busy getting ready for the Asian Fellowship to start (I work with the kids), and with a committee through NP. With work, things are crazy as we prepare for another board meeting, the next day after which I will fly to Seattle for a week of orientation there, and a few days in Vancouver. Of course there is Wing night as well, always fun, and lots of good new friends (where are they all now! :) ) And then this week we're hosting a shower for Melanie...

Mmm wings. I think I am getting addicted, or else I am all the way addicted. Maybe I'll just go out for wings by myself. Is that bad? Kind of pathetic possibly, don't tell anyone!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jen!!! I feel so guilty that I wasn't home...I'm sorry... and I still owe you supper from the night that I bailed on my self-initiated "I'll make supper for us tonight' responsibility. If you're not busy tomorrow morning maybe we can have breakfast together.

:( Andrea

Anonymous said...

You could have called your mother,but that's just a thought. Mom

Lisa said...

Jen, Jen, Jen ... my Dad always told us when we were growing up that bordom means you are unhappy with yourself. I hated it when he said that. He'd say that there is always something to do. I don't agree. Sometimes it's just boring. I guess you could clean your toilet or right a letter about your life and throw it into a lake... but sometimes you're just bored. You could always call me... of course I was out Friday night so that just emphasizes your point. Hope you find something to do. We love you :)

Anonymous said...

funny that i would respond to this post instead of some of your more challenging ones, but do know that i don't just skim over those ones...really. ;o) i would've loved to go for wings with you - especially since i haven't found many wings fans but me in barrie yet - but alas, it was julia's personal shower...so maybe you saved some money by staying home and blogging. ;o) my mom always said the same thing about being bored - there's always things to do (i.e. clean the house) - so i'm less bored now and more lazy...

rk said...

it's really quite normal to be bored sometimes. i was out of idea about what to do on sat evening. my son had gone to my ln-laws. that leaves me with my 5-yr old daughter. finally, i decided to bring her out to take some fun photos. we went to an old cathedral and the riverfront. but when we reached there i was not in the mood for taking photos anymore. so we ended up roaming the church ground and later by the riverfront.

btw, there is noting wrong with going out alone. i go to movies alone most of the time because when you have kids, a lot of your plans are last-minute. i have never felt strange although a lot of my friends feel uncomfortable.

:))

Jennifer said...

:) Oh goodness, I elicited quite a response, judging fromt he comments on here, and from others I've talked to in the past few days. I woke up on Saturday morning with the thought of just erasing the post... kind of embarassing, you know. Ah well. I do lots of embarassing things, this wouldn't be a first.

Andrea- thanks so much for making me breakfast Saturday morning! It was so sweet of you, and I enjoyed our talk too. I'm looking forward to more good roommate times. Have fun in California!

Mom- yeah... but the time difference, you know... :)

Lisa- Yeah... I guess in the end it wasn't so much that I was "bored"... I was looking forward to a quieter weekend after being out of town for the past 6 out of 7 weekends. it was more that I was just lonely, because I wanted to relax with friends, and it just didn't work out that way. I guess I felt less pathetic identifying it as boredom. :)

Cheri- hi!! thanks for responding... sometime when you are in London, join us for wings. If I'm in Barrie sometime, let's go!

RK- you're right, why not just go out on my own? Thanks :)

So in the end it was a good weekend... introspective... enlightening but confusing. Maybe I'll post bit later on some of that. Also, I rediscovered msn, and got to catch up with a whole bunch of old friends, which was fun... and interesting...