Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Living up to expectations :)

I've received some criticism for my recent lack of blogging. So instead of burying myself in the shame of knowing I've failed expectations, I thought I would post tonight, so I can sleep with a clean conscience.

Well I have started an as yet unnamed 3 part series... but I'm not sure I'll publish it. We'll see. For now, I'll tell you about my day.

My sister is visiting from NB for a few days and of course that is fun. She always keeps life interesting.

I started my belly dancing class tonight, and I love it! I know I am going to have so much fun. I was better than I expected, but my expectations were low, so that wasn't hard. I learned a few moves: shimmies, hip circles, figure-eights. At the end of the 8 week class we'll have learned the full choreography for a dance, along with all the necessary moves. I am genuinely excited, it's going to be so much fun.***

Then I went to wing night, at Bernie's on Adelaide. A decent place, and some decent flavours and hotness... but there weren't consistent gradations of hotness. (And yes, gradations is a word... a fact which was contested tonight) I still need to tally the score, but I think it will be about mid-range.

Maybe tomorrow I will post about my trip. Until then, this will have to do! :)

*** Note: Please do not ask for a demonstration... probably not going to happen. :)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Three things:
1. Thank you!

2. Now that you've mentioned the three part series you're going to have to post it. You don't want to disappoint this rockstaresque following you have here, do you?
..Jenn our cake bakin', belly dancin' Rockstar

3. 'probably not'?.. so you're telling us there's a chance!

:)

Anonymous said...

I'm just teasing.
I don't want to preasure you into posting something that will make you uncomfortable.
That being said, I do hope you post it. Your writing seems so honest and you are so good at expressing your thoughts into words. That's what makes it so very addictive and relatable. You truly have a gift.

solnechko said...

hm... but the question is... is there a recital or something at the end of your class :D

also, it is nice when you post.

and also double, on oxford between highbury and quebec, i saw a sign for wings - 8.49, all you can eat, at Roxbury or something like that. south side of oxford. ever tried that place?

Jennifer said...

hmmm... I will work on this series and see how it turns out before deciding if I'll post it. So that's a maybe. :)

And as far as the demonstration... well I put that "probably" in there for my roommates and close girlfriends. That's about it. :)

Shona- yeah we have been to the Roxbury, and I have to say, it didn't rank very highly. But all you can eat wings does sound good... of course I do that every week. :)

And thanks guys, I appreciate the encouragement to write.

solnechko said...

which place has ranked the highest so far?

Anonymous said...

no demos please...where are my myspace comments. my ankle is going to make it, but not from your help. the tears have dried too...ok the part about the tears i made up but stilll...your a jerk;P