Monday, June 05, 2006

Melanie & Ryan

I just wanted to say congratulations to my good friend Melanie Froese on her engagement to Ryan Johnson.

Mel and I have been through a lot together over the past few years: travelling together to the Middle East and Thailand, long road trips, ethnic food and foreign movies, momentous prayer times, being co-workers, being roommates, working and growing through conflicts (oh, the ugly sides of me she has seen!) :) lots of laughter, and some tears... but the best has just been journeying alongside her as we go deeper into God, digging into what He's teaching and doing in and through us. I've seen God evidently at work in her life, transforming her more and more into a woman of grace, faith and the love of God.


I look forward to more memories, and to getting to know the new brother I am getting in Ryan.

5 comments:

solnechko said...

Hey Congrats to mel!

When I saw you guys at Michael's yesterday, were you getting wedding stuff?

Sorry I was in such a rush! I had to be somewhere in 10 min and had to get lsat-minute supplies for my craft (way to plan ahead :S ...)

Jennifer said...

Hi Shona- hehe, I wonder where I'll see you next? Michael's, TJ Baxters... sometime we should actually just plan to get together :)

solnechko said...

haha.

i like the idea. We can do crafts and eat chicken wings or something.

No, but really, I agree.

solnechko said...

( i actually love crafts and chicken wings)

Anonymous said...

Do you know where Melanie lives now? I am her pen pal from Russia and want to let her know that I am searching her. My name is Nadya. Write me to murskih@yandex.ru