Monday, June 19, 2006

Deven & Heather's wedding

Well the vacation is over now, and I'm finally posting the pictures from the wedding. Like I said before, it was a beautiful day. With the cake, MC-ing the reception, and spending half the day behind the camera, the day passed quickly, but I enjoyed it. Here are my pictures:
Deven with mom before the wedding.
Our cousin Joshua, a junior groomsman
My dad, proud father of the groom
Deven had the idea of putting chapstick on the ring so it wouldn't get stuck on Heather's knuckle during the srevice... I just hope it hasn't fallen off.
Deven, serious and just managing to keep it all in while waiting for Heather, who was a wee bit late for the ceremony. Our grandmother (MacDonald), sitting next to me, kept whispering loudly to Deven, "She's not coming!" I'm sure he appreciated the humour...
Exchanging their vows
The beautiful bride, all smiles
Husband and wife
They surprised Heather's parents and relatives (who had travelled from Scotland to be at the wedding) with a bagpiper who played as they left the church
Our cousin Christy, the flower girl
Both of our families: MacRailds and MacDonalds
Sometimes they forget that there are other people in the universe... hehe... but I guess that is ok (normal?) for newlyweds :)
At the reception, listening to my parents' speeches. The MC-ing went well, except when I introduced Heather's dad as the father of the groom. Oops... I should know!
At the end of a long a good day, me with my little brother Deven- I'm proud of him, and happy for him. It makes me happy to see him so happy, and to know how much he loves this woman he now calls his wife. And I'm so glad to welcome Heather into our family.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What beautiful pictures. I didn't know that Deven got married. Congratulations to you both. Deven she looks like a beautiful bride.

solnechko said...

Jen, those are some really good pictures. Did you say you took a lot at the wedding? You're really good at it.

I loved your dress.. I don't think it would have looked as good on anyone else. You looked beautiful!

You all looked so happy - and it seemed like it was a beautiful day! Perfect! What nice memories you must have!

Anonymous said...

Your Aunt Jane & Uncle George think you did a great job, we think what you are doing as a missionary is awesome too.
Keep up the good work, and would like to hear from you.

Love Aunt Jane

zerry ht said...

Oh wow, Deven & Heather's wedding was so delightful. I had a nice time watching these beautiful photos. We too would be marrying soon and are going to book the beachside rental spaces for parties. Though we have been debating about the wedding theme these days. We both are confused but surely will settle on a theme soon.

Anonymous said...


شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام

شركة تنظيف منازل بالقصيم

شركة تنظيف منازل بالاحساء

شركة تنظيف منازل بالقطيف

شركة تنظيف منازل بالجبيل