Tuesday, March 14, 2006

New Roommate

Meet my new roommate Amy.
She's pretty cool, and I am enjoying getting to know her more. She just moved here from Calgary, and joined our office, as coordinator for our short-term program "the Edge."
She is even proving to be a pretty good influence on me: I've been eating healthier and I've even gone out running with her several times. (Let's see if I can keep it up!)
I've had many roommates over the years, in the different places I've lived. I recently did a count: Amy is #26.
I am thankful for all of my roommate experiences. Valuable friendships came out of many of them, and the inevitable challenging circumstances forced me to recognize selfishness in myself and other things I needed to surrender.

Maybe I should just start calling my roommates (and former roommates) by number... In above photograph see #26 testing peppers at the Farmer's Market.

6 comments:

solnechko said...

and then when you get married you can just call him #31 or something...

Lisa said...

I'm not sure what # I am, but I will always consider myself #1 :)

Anonymous said...

hi Jen,
I am seeing if I can get this right.
Your mom.

Jennifer said...

mom- told you you could. :)

Anonymous said...

haha. I think I would like to be #27. :)

I hope we can get together soon.

Andrea

Jennifer said...

Shona- that's funny, it could be a pet name, hehe

Lisa- You would be #4 (but of course #1), and Matt would be #20- lol

Steph- this is including only people since high school. That does include both of my sisters though, since my sister Melanie was my roommate for one year of college, and my sister Ashley for part of a summer spent at home (that one is sketchy).
I never thought of including mom and dad, though technically, I guess I could. :)

Andrea- see you tonight, looking forward to seeing your new place!

Amanda- #15 (but of course #1) lol