Monday, March 13, 2006

18th Birthday

Today Ashley would have turned 18 years old. It's hard to imagine, and still hard not to have her here. I look forward to the day when I'll see her again, and when we will worship Jesus Christ, side by side.

I have shared some of the story on here before, but was reminded of this part the other day. I thought I would share it today.

During those 5 days in the hospital, while we waited as she lingered between life and death, God was so clearly present, and drawing us deeper in our understanding of Him. One day, my mom and my brother were in the chapel, looking through Ashley's Bible, and they came across this verse that Ashley had marked:

"With Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible." Matthew 19:26

Both felt strongly that God was saying something to them through that verse. Deven said, "Mom, maybe it means God is going to heal her!"

Mom paused, and spoke these words, "Maybe it means that God is going to heal us."

It was a lot easier to believe that God could heal her of her physical wounds, than to believe that He could take something so precious away from us, and heal us emotionally. But He has. We will always miss her, but we praise God for the healing, and the good work He has done in and through this.

Now I am going to take the rest of the day off to reflect, pray and write.

No comments: