Thursday, February 16, 2006

Thank you- yes YOU! :)

I'm sitting here, chilling to Jack Johnson and Michael Buble. Melanie is laughing at how mellow I've been lately, at least in my music choices. Her office is right next to mine, so I guess she should know.

I just wanted to say thank you- to you!

When I started this blog, I didn't expect people would actually read it, figured it was a long shot anyway. I just love to write, and I especially love to share snapshots of my journey, of how God is teaching me.

I am constantly being surprised by the people that read this blog, either occasionally or regularly. Thank you for your comments, and emails. Others I find out through random connections.

Sometimes it freaks me out, because- follow me on this- when I started writing on here, I just wrote what was on my mind. I'm generally a pretty open person, so I don't have trouble sharing this stuff either in person or in writing. But as more people read this, I find myself surprised, and not sure exactly why. What freaks me out is the fear that I am going to do or say something and mess it all up.

I've concluded now though that that's a good risk to take. Not because I'm not likely to do or say something stupid (or that I havent' already!) but because I'm on here to share my journey with you, and journeys are messy, and I've missed the point if I try to hide that.

So, thanks for reading, thanks for commenting, emailing me, or whatever. If you read something stupid, by all means, call me on it! I certainly don't have it all figured out... as is definitely clear by now. :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey there J, just dropping by. By the way, London is my hometown.

rk said...

totally understand what you mean. keeping up with expectations can be daunting.

what draws me here is your openess in sharing your journey and how God speak to you through them. i can sense your sincerity and honesty. keep it up!

Jamie A. Grant said...

Blog networks are funny things, the way that they spider-web out. And I agree that there is a danger in being too open on our blogs, especially since they're so condusive to a good rant or two. Even so, I like 'em and I like reading this one. Keep up the interesting writing.

Lisa said...

You are welcome! Thanks for ready my blog too! Baby girl Dickey (nice name, eh?) just jumped when I turned to your website... she likes it too!

Paul said...

what an awesome perspective you have..... thanks for being vulnerable.... and letting us see the real you...

God will honour you for that!