Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Pictures from Vancouver

I spent a few days with friends and PI members in Vancouver on my way back from Thailand. It was my first time in British Columbia... and now I am wondering why I live in Ontario? :)

A view from Burnaby
Beautiful mountain views. It seemed like there were always mountains in sight, even in the city they could be seen peeking through, between buildings.
In Stanley Park
Deep Cove
Marie showed me around
An Inukshuk in English Bay ("Now the people will know we were here...":)) The symbol/logo for the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver.
A record of my first time in the Pacific ocean off the Canadian coast. I miss the ocean so much when I am in Ontario. I've been trying to convince Donnie we need to relocate the PIONEERS office in Vancouver. I'll let you know how it goes. :)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

It's so beautiful ... not just you, the scenery too :) You live such an adventurous life! My big thing today was making deviled eggs. You're going to have to teach me how to create some fun!

Unknown said...

Hey Jennifer, my hometown is London. Went to Regent in Vancouver at UBC... lived there three years. Speaking of Asia, we just had friends return from six weeks of deepening mission into Laos and Thailand.

nice pix.

Jennifer said...

Lisa...mmm deviled eggs :)

Kirk- I started out on the East coast (NB) and have been in ON now about 6 years (London 2 and a half). I kind of like it here. :) I'm still trying to convince Donnie to relocate our office to BC though. I need to experience life in Western Canada at some point.

Unknown said...

My wife Darlene is from Moncton. Our first born Luke, was born there... though we were living in Vancouver at the time. Bree was born in Waterloo, Ontario. Nate was born in Calgary.

Nothing like an office with a view of mountains, oceans and forest... add a sprinkle of people and other creatures and you get heaven on earth.