Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Back from Pittsburgh

For the long weekend, I went across the border, and down to Pittsburgh with some of my friends from London. Some of my coworkers were teasing me about going to "Pittsburgh" of all places. I didn't see a lot of the city, but I liked what I did see. We spent most of our time shopping. I bought a LOT more than I intended, and I am still working on rationalizing and justifying all of it. :)
I stayed in the little town of McDonald, Pennsylvania. What a nice name for a town. If only it had that "a" :)
Our group and our host and family at the Olive Garden.
Our group doing a bit of sightseeing in Pittsburgh. I love how I apparently have the plague in this picture. :)
Me with Irene. I feel like I still don't know many people in London, and I have to say that I am so thankful for Irene's friendship. She and Wayne have me over for supper all the time, and have been such encouragements in what otherwise would have been much more lonely years. She's also my artistic friend whose creative touch on things always inspires me to new ideas.
Pittsburgh skyline
Irene and Christian
Eating a massive roast beef sandwich at Primanti Brothers... yes, those are french fries in the sandwich. I had it without coleslaw (yuck!!) and it was pretty good

5 comments:

Lisa said...

Fun! Looks like you had a great time. I just wonder why you chose Pittsburgh... anything special?

Jennifer said...

Hi Lisa, It was fun. :)
Wayne and Irene have friends down there, and they invited me to come along when they went.

Beth said...

Wayne and Irene are a great couple. Say hi to them for me. Is that Edward who's scared of catching the plague from you?

Jennifer said...

Hi Beth, I'll say to Wayne & Irene for you. Yeah, that's Ed... though on second thought, it looks like he might be the one with the plague, hehe

Beth said...

Ya, I think you're right Jen. Say hi to Ed for me too.