Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Salsa Party

Andrea, Amy and I converged for one brief day last week. The three of us haven't been in the house together since early September. We gathered together on the 21st, and threw a party. :) Then the next day I flew to NB for a few days, and by the time I got back she had already left for AB for a week and a half. She'll be back a few days before Amy leaves again, and then we'll have a few days before I leave again. :) Three very independent single women don't make for a very stable home environment. :) It's a good thing we all get along on the rare times we are together. #26 & #27 are pretty great, when I do see them.

Here's a summary of our Salsa Party:
We had an open house throughout the afternoon, and we had several waves of guests. Overall I think we estimated we had about 25-30 people come.
I got a pinata and filled it with candy... and then forgot to bust it. Now I'm trying to reach in and get all the candy out and it doesn't work as well.
I was amazed at how many people participated by making salsa: we had 16 contributions!
Everyone had to vote for salsa entries in three categories:

Best Tasting
winner: Amy Styles, with Magical Mango Salsa

Most Original
winner: Edward Yan, with a watermelon concoction

Hottest
winner: Jonathan Zubick with a mouth-burning contribution

I came in second for most original with a blueberry-grapefruit salsa recipe that I found on the internet. It was orginal alright... but it didn't taste very good. I'm secure enough to admit that. :) All in all it was a fun day, and it got my mind off other things.

No comments: