Thursday, September 01, 2005

Pictures from my July trip to New Brunswick

In July I had the opportunity to go home to New Brunswick for a week to see my family. It was such a needed break, and a huge blessing to be able to make the unexpected trip. Thank you LORD! I also had the opportunity to travel to White Head Island to share at the church there, and to fellowship with some great people. Here are some of my pictures from the trip. Enjoy!
(click on the picture if you want to see it larger than shown here)

*****************
BEAUTIFUL NEW BRUNSWICK SCENERY
Notice almost every picture here has the ocean in it. Guess what I miss the most when I am living far inland in Ontario? (Aside from my great family of course)


At my aunt & uncle's lot


another view from their beach


from the beach in front of our family's cottage


On Dorchester Island


Dorchester Island again
(that's Dorchester NEW BRUNSWICK- not Dorchester Ontario) :)

*********************
SOME OF MY WONDERFUL FAMILY
I don't have pictures of all of them- I have a huge family... but here are a few


Me with mom and dad on Dorchester Island


aunt Marcia, aunt Alva, aunt Simonne, and mom
(4 of the 12 siblings)


aunt Marcia and my cousin Rebecca


my cousin Christy
(we share the same birthday, but not the same year, in case you were wondering)


aunt Carolyn and uncle Gary


My two grandmothers: memere and nan
(A true Canadian- I'm Acadian and British (with some Scottish) and proud of it!)

************************
MY TRIP TO WHITE HEAD ISLAND
My parents and I travelled to White Head Island so that I could share at the church there. The island is beautiful, and the people warm and hospitable. It was too short of a trip, so I guess I'll just have to go back to visit again sometime.


Here waiting for the first ferry


On the ferry




A view of part of Grand Manan Island from the ferry as it passed by. I kick myself for not taking more pictures when I actually got to White Head, but I was too nervous about speaking at the church to remember!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Nice pictures! It's beautiful!