Thursday, February 10, 2005

Pictures and info from Thailand trip 2005 (Part 1)

First week: PIONEERS Conference

I can't share most of the conference pictures on the internet, so I'll just tell you a bit about it. I went to the Mid-Asia Region retreat for PIONEERS, as a representative for PI Canada. I had gone the year before, but with a number of leaders. This year, just I went from our office, and I recognized my complete inadequacy for the task. But that was a good thing, because it forced me to depend on the adequacy of God. I went to meet each Canadian missionary, and to listen to their stories and experiences. I especially enjoyed the opportunity to spend time with the Canadian single women, and hopefully was an encouragement to them. I brought care packages from PI Canada, and hosted a meeting and a meal bringing the Canadians together. The conference was also a great opportunity to hear from a number of Team Leaders and Area Leaders from all over, and to learn how God is moving and working. I was able to bring home a lot of that information, and continue to look forward to helping send other Canadians to join in.

*****************

Here is a strange picture I can share. Every time I go to Asia, it seems that something weird happens to my feet. The first time I got a rash on my feet, the second time I got about 200 mosquito bites from my knees down. This time, I somehow badly sunburned ONE of my feet, and it swelled up, looking like a sausage, till I had no ankle bone showing. I know you wanted to see that. :)

What do they call those things... cankles?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The blog is a great idea. You're asking for comments. Ok! Here goes.

Feet: I take it the feet picture is entitled Very Nice Feet by Jen. They are very nice feet - evenly shaped, not too big. A little uneven around the ankles and the skin colour seems uneven. But, other than that, the red nails give the picture a tasteful classic look.